Friday, March 28, 2008

Really? A Runners High?

Just when the nerds on Myth Busters were about to call Alan Webb and Ryan Hall, the New York Times runs an article that talks about how the runners high is not an urban myth.  Apparently some smart researchers in Germany were able to prove the existence of the runners high using PET scans.
Well I am glad science is proving what athletes have known for a long time, typically you feel better after pushing your body for a while.
Speaking of pushing yourself, I popped off a 10k tempo run on the treadmill last night (it was snowing outside).  I hadn't run in a couple of days, so I had some legs under me. 
Running
10k, 6.2 miles, 50:07, 8:04 min/mile pace, varied hills routine on treadmill

1 comment:

Sara said...

I saw that article in the Times too. Funny that they have to be all scientific about it....just go run for pete's sake. Awesome tempo run....I can only dream of numbers so low.