Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What is the 3rd Oldest US Marathon?


Fun Fact:  Started in 1956, as a challenge between smokers and non smokers, the Pikes Peak Marathon is the 3rd oldest ongoing US marathon behind Boston and Yonkers.  That is Pikes Peak above.  I took that photo a few weeks ago from my Aunt and Uncle's neighborhood.  I am going to stay with them when I go out for the race.
Last night, I went for dip.  It is getting easier, but I am still not good.  I did the same workout as March 10.  With the exception of warm-ups,  it was all 25's and 50's, which isn't awesome.  I did do a few flip turns, so there is progress. 
I am going to email Fitz today and start hitting the Chicago Blue Dolphin practices.  While I am a few months and a lot of swimming skills ahead of last year, I have a ways to go to hit my goals in Des Moines and to swim with Chuck later this summer.
Swimming: 
1300 m, around 1 hour

1 comment:

K.Michele said...

Do you really have access to a meter pool (rather than yards)? I'm jealous. A few masters practics will get you into shape in no time - especially if the guy that gave you your lessons is the coach.