Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Easter... Iowa or Bust!

Tons going on in Chicago today. It is Good Friday, thus Easter weekend is upon us. WND Gal and myself are taking off for the weekend to visit her parents in wonderful Marion, Iowa. We are going to try to take off early today to beat the Friday traffic out of Chicago. Not only will we be contending against holiday Friday traffic, but there is some winter weather here today, thus the extra motivation to get out a little early.

With the change in location this weekend, comes a change in workout routine. Luckily, there are places to run in most places, and in most US city's there are YMCA's with pools. Unfotunatly, I will be missing my weekly CARA group run, which I have really come to enjoy. Thus it will be a 9 mile run through the Iowa country side (which I have to admit, I am looking forward to).

Not only will I have some time to get out and see some of the rolling hills of my native land, but I will get a chance to run the rolling hills of my native land. Good prep for Pikes Peak (yes, I realize that is a slightly larger hill, but compared to the flat Chicago...)

Last night, quick 5.9 mile run. Annoying because I thought by going by the clock I would be six miles for sure. I wanted a nice slow paced run because my body was killing me all day from my previous workouts. Apparently I was 1/10 of a mile slower than I had expected. Oh well.

Also last night was nice as my sister and her boyfriend came over to my place to watch the Irish clobber poor little George Mason. No, I don't feel sorry for George Mason. They got to go to the final four two years ago. They just got lucky they didn't have to play ND that year.

Next game for the Irish, tomorrow at 5:40. I assume that it is an Easter tradition at the WND Gal's parent's house to watch basketball. If not, I will have to strategically place my run and have it go for about 2 hours longer than expected.

Probably won't post till at least Sunday. Dispite running for president, Al Gore must have never made it to Marion, or at least his wonderful invention the internet never did!

Running:
5.9 Miles, 53:35, 9:04 minute/mile pace (REAL slow)
View Interactive Map on MapMyRun.com

2 comments:

K.Michele said...

Very sad that your REAL slow fast is my REAL fast pace. I hope you and WNDG (I think you need to think of something that flows a big better and maybe doesn't sound like the ND radio station) have a great Easter!

Anonymous said...

Heyyy, Iowa is known for pigs not cows!