Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!


Ah yes, the most wonderful time of the year...
It was a very exciting weekend. Ran my furthest on Saturday, at a pretty good pace, mixed in a solid run today, and had a couple of St. Paddy's day celebrations mixed in as well.
Chicago really goes all out for March 17. Above find the river being dyed green, which happens shortly before the downtown parade starts. After my Saturday CARA Training Group, I showered, hopped in a cab, and I made it just in time to see the river turn green. They actually use orange dye to do it. Then we celebrated the old fashion way, by drinking Guinness.
Sunday we decided to have a carbo loading dinner, corned beef and cabbage. The whole thing looked so nice, I decided to let you take a look. While they never eat it in Ireland, Whatsnext Gal really likes it, so why mess with it? It was all quite nice.
But now it is back to the work week.
Here is my Sunday run:
Running:
4 Miles, 34:53, 8:43 Mile Pace
View Interactive Map on MapMyRun.com

1 comment:

Sara said...

looks delish. Our friend Morgan made the same thing for all of us last night too. Happy St. Paddy's!