Friday, April 18, 2008

We Talking About Practice?



Yes Allen, we talkin' about practice.
Went to the Chicago Blue Dolphins practice this morning at Moody Bible Institute's pool. It was my first time going to their morning practices. They don't have a transition group at the morning practice, and there were not very many people there for a level 1 group, so Fitz threw me in with the level 2 group.

There were two full lanes of level twos, and Fitz was loving it because it felt like a swim team practice. It actually did kind of feel like high school swim practice, it was hard work and I was coming in last most of the time. The good news was it was sprint work (I can hang with that)... the bad news, they had 150s and 200s in between sprint sets (anything longer than a 75 and I start to lose my "form"). The practice was tough, but great.

Fitz also emailed me the next set of lessons. I am going to try to sign up for some. There was one that promises "Speed and Distance," which is exactly what I am looking for.

Moral of the story, I may never be an awesome swimmer, but feeling better about it all the time.

2 comments:

K.Michele said...

Sometimes I think about swimming in the morning. But that is about as far as I get. For some reason, I always get a week's worth of WND on Friday (the posts don't show up day by day) so its kind of like a mini-series! Hope you and WNDGal have a great weekend - looks like you're getting the same great weather we are!

Dave said...

HA! Yeah, I get some more free time later in the week (Thursday night, weekends) to finish entries I started earlier. I am trying to be more timely with the posts.