Friday, April 11, 2008

Fridays Rock

Congratulations to the Notre Dame Hockey team for advancing to the NCAA Championship Game
They beat Michigan 5-4 in OT in the "Frozen Four."
They next play 6 PM CST on Saturday on ESPN vs BC for all the marbles.

Happy Friday People
Sunday is the 3rd Annual Race to Wrigley 5k! I have run in it every year, and it is becoming one of my favorite race for many reasons, not least of which is the fact it is only four blocks from my house. Other highlights of this race include this its ties to my Chicago Cubs (who are on a five game win streak) and their Cubs Cares Charity, how it ends coming out under the famous Wrigley Field marquee (see right), and how I can typically get some people to do it with me.
Speaking of people who are signed up for the race, What's Next Dave Gal is not looking forward to this race whatsoever. I will save the, "Don't Over Encourage Your Girlfriend Run a Half-Marathon" post for another day, but she hasn't run much since we ran the Chicago Half Marathon together last fall. She said that she had retired from running.
So her running hibernation, plus the weather forecast (mid 30s, snow) has her preparing me for the idea that she might not run. I think she is just being silly, and with all the friends we have participating, I do not take her seriously. I will report back next week.

Notes

  • Here is an article in Runner's World about Never Bonking Again (forwarded to you by the King of Bonk)
  • Going to see Black Keys play tomorrow. They are a guitar heavy rock-blues duo who are in my humble opinion, bitch'in.

  • Here's to good rivalries... (see right)
  • Yesterday's Workout
    Spinning Class 60 Minutes
    Crossfit's WOD from Tuesday
    Shoulder press 1-1-1-1-1 reps,
    Push press 3-3-3-3-3 reps,
    Push Jerk 5-5-5-5-5 reps
    Run 7 Miles on the Treadmill, 59:26 minutes, 8:29 min/mile pace

No comments: