Saturday, April 26, 2008

Another Fun Weekend!

Running in Des Moines
I am off to Des Moines this weekend to do my first half-marathon of the season, the Drake Relays on the Roads.  It has cooled off a little bit, race weather looks to be in the 40s.  But the sky should be clear, so I won't complain.
Best of Luck to Liz
My good friend Liz Berls from college is participating in the St. Anthony's Triathlon in St. Petersburg FL.  It is an olympic distance tri and it is Liz's first.  She has been a swimmer her whole life, and a natural athlete, so I am sure she will do great.  
The best part is Liz is doing the tri as a part of Team in Training, raising money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  
As my father actually had lymphoma a few years ago, and I am happy to say he is doing very well now, this charity is a special one for my family.  So way to go Liz, have fun on Sunday.  And for any of you looking to donate to a great cause, see Liz's site.  
Way to Go Silvia
One of my favorite pastimes is convince people what they are capable of doing.  This week my cube neighbor at work, Silvia, signed up for the Soldier Field 10 Mile race over Memorial Day weekend.  It will be her first race anywhere near that distance, and she is a little bit nervous, but I know she will do great.

1 comment:

K.Michele said...

I peaked at your time. Nice!