Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lance Armstrong Comments on Doing the Ironman Triathlon

What's with all this Ironman business... I'm ready. Actually ... on TwitPic

This one cracks me up (you can click on the photo to see the full photo).

For the last couple of years I have been talking about Lance Armstrong doing an Ironman.  Clearly I am not the only one, and looks like the word has gotten back to him.  See the photo above for his thoughts on it at he was training in Kona for his latest comeback bid.  Yeah Lance, the joke's on us.

"What's with all this Ironman business... I'm ready. Actually I'm not. Toughest competitors around.."

He also talked about going back to triathlons in this article in Outside.  And his coach, Chris Carmichael, talked about it in the article Lance Armstrong: Training in Kona, Thinking of Ironman (with video) from Slowtwitch.

That will be fun to see.

BTW- This is Armstrong's Twitpic page.  Kind of interesting to see what he posts.  For example, I guess someone stole his TT bike.  Since I am still riding my LeMond, it clearly wasn't me.

No comments: