Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Birthday James


I started this post in June to congratulate my buddy Charlie for winning an open water swim around Key West.  From his own report, he beat almost everyone in the race, took first place in his division (male), and he punch a shark in the face at the end for good measure.  Regardless that he got smoked by the only female in the race, they still gave him a cool trophy.  Nice work.

Since I am only some 10 months late with this post, I thought I would use it to wish by favorite God son, James a happy first birthday.  It has been a very exciting year.

See below a photo of the wonder kid taking his first swim.  This was right after the Hy-Vee Tri in June 2008.  I have been told that since this photo was taken James' swimming has vastly improved.  I am sure before we know it Chuck and I will be watching James put wakes in the Roosevelt pool or maybe be first out of the water at some triathlon. 


So Happy Birthday James.  Tell your pops I miss him and wish I could be around for him this week.  Your family is in our thoughts here in Chicago.

No comments: