Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Preseason Triathlon Inspiration

Are you like me in that you are finding it tougher and tougher to workout when the weather sucks.  Here is some good stuff from the web I thought I would share to get fired up for the upcoming race season:

"Accept your limitation and, with care, the thinking runner will have a comfortable, creditable race. But go for broke and prepare to be broken."

GEORGE SHEEHAN

"I am sure George means well, but what fun is it if you don't go for broke?"

WHATSNEXTDAVE

Here is a classic:


Looking for the answer to the question, Why Tri? This gem is from Ironman Kona survivor Steve Moore of the Chicago Tri Club.

(Steve's quote, "The music is the 4th Ballet Suite of Shostakovich. No one does pain and suffering like the Russians.")

Well if you are inspired by those clips, you are in the right sport. And you are also a little sick, but in a good way.
  • I got to watch the Cubs game on the tv tonight. Good win. I am still not drinking the coolaid yet, but it's nice to see them over .500.
  • Tough week at the whatsnextdave house, and it's only Wednesday. Melissa gets the hero award. I should have her blog here describing her whatsnext moments. They have been much more inspiring than any quotes or people falling over because they have been out in the sun too long.

No comments: