Sunday, April 19, 2009

Good Run in Des Moines

I joined the family in Des Moines for my mother's birthday party. It was another great Iowa weekend. The weather was warmer, I got a great run in on Saturday, and saw some good friends, and enjoyed great family time.

Here was the run:


I took off from my parents house and took the back roads down to the old location of Raccoon Valley Little League. This is where I played 12 summers worth of baseball. It has since been moved because it was in the middle of a flood zone and didn't make it back after the floods in 1993. It's now part of water works park and they have a nice little disc golf course there. It was strange running through there as I couldn't even place where the different fields where.

The whole run was enjoyable. I enjoyed the expanded bike path and was pleasantly surprised by all the flowers on the route.

  • Quick note: Tomorrow is Patriot Day. I am looking forward to seeing how my good buddy Ryan Hall does in the Boston Marathon.

No comments: