Monday, April 13, 2009

Cubs Home Opener... And I am at Work

I haven't missed an opening day since I have moved to Chicago, until today.  But it's raining, so I might miss the home opener tomorrow.   Either way I couldn't be more dissappointed in the whole situation and still consider myself an adult.

In other Cubs related news:

Goat's head found outside Wrigley Field
April 13, 2009 4:50 AM  
A new Cubs season, a new attempt to lift the curse.

A goat's head was found on the Harry Caray statue outside Wrigley Field early this morning. Police said they were treating the whole thing as a prank and didn't intend to pursue an investigation. The same thing happened two years ago, they said.


This morning I listened to WXRT radio do their annual deal from Yak-Zies on Clark. It isn't the same as starting off there and then heading over to Murphy's, then to the bleachers to sit through some crappy weather to watch the Cubs.

Some people find sitting in 40 degree rain miserable, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Maybe this will be the year, and maybe it won't, but either way I will be watching from start to finish. I am back. I am on-board and strapped-in for another 164 games of the Cubs Roller Coaster ride.

God Help Me, and God Bless the Chicago National League Baseball Club.

GO CUBS!

No comments: