Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Welcome to 2010

Happy New Year! Many people take a moment this time of year to think about "what's next," so I thought it would be appropriate to write a quick entry into the old blogosphere. I hope your 2010 is a great one and your adventures are exciting. So put together your list of what's next and start knocking them off.

As for me, I don't need any help building lists, but rather on the focusing and execution of the lists. So the next few weeks I am going to update the list, work with the WND team to make a Life List and a 2010 List. Hopefully by adding a list with a date stamp on it, it will help with the focus and the execution.

In addition, I am going to start incorporating other people in my goals. I always intended for many of these things to be done with friends and family, I am just going to make it more obvious.

Lastly, as we welcome in 2010, I want to take a quick look back at 2009. Although I was not the best blogger (averaging only 2 per month), it was a monumental year in What's Next Dave World.

  • Admitted Tri Addiction and Hired a Tri Coach
  • Did a Half Ironman
  • Did an Olympic Tri in under 2:50
  • Got Married
  • Knocked off another state on the quest to 50 (HI, 9 to go)
  • Learned How to Surf
  • Had a Surgery on Major Organ
  • Left the US twice
  • And signed up for a race on his new wife's next birthday (Keep it classy Dave)

All and all, a pretty terrific year for me, highlighted by the fact Melissa agreed to spend the rest of her life with me. A lucky guy indeed.



So here's to your 2010. Make it memorable. Make it a good one.



Auld Lang Syne as I heard it to bring in 2010 from our good friends Umphrey's McGee at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago.

7 comments:

Murphy said...

Next for baseball: A new Cubbie to Coopertown ...maybe.
http://waxpaperbeercup.com/2010/01/08/dawson-wants-to-enter-hall-as-a-cub/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

BTW, 50 runs in 50 days starts late this year so the ending coincides with a 1/2 marathon. You in?

Murphy said...

50/50 link: http://www.lexrunning.com/

Dave said...

The Expos aren't even a team anymore! The Hall knows big markets are the best for them, The Hawk will have a "C" on his cap.

Probably no dice on the 50/50 this year. I just do as I am told now per the coach. It just comes with the tri territory that you can't run everyday like those of us who come from running are used to. This has been the hardest part for me to comes to terms with, but with my 2010 "A" Race, I have no more time to "come to terms" with anything. I just need to being doing it.

Kevin Browning said...

Dave "coming to terms" Murphy! Looking forward to the updates. May I suggest learning to blog from the treadmill or cycleops for increased posts? I know you mainly blog from the shitter now so multitasking should work fine for ya.

Dave said...

I have been shopping for a good sweat guard for my computer. I don't think I get the internets at the gym, plus the treadmill is pretty bouncy, but I could maybe fire it up on the trainer. Maybe I could have some more guest writers.

Kelli said...

so does this mean i should add you back to google reader...Anyway, they don't make sweat thongs for laptops??

cconrad77 said...

BAHAHAHAHAHA - Kevin's post is funniest.